The FILM PRACTICE assists producers and production companies with all aspects of the complicated process of producing a film. Whether it be acquiring the intellectual property, raising money, physical production or obtaining distribution, we can provide advice throughout this process and document the transactions along the way.
The areas of the FILM PRACTICE include:
- Literary Option Purchase and life-story rights’ agreements
- Talent deals for actors, writers, producers or directors
- All aspects of production legal
- Sales agency agreements and pre-sale arrangements
- Union and guild contracts
- Co-financing, co-production and co-development arrangements
- Debt financing arrangements
- Private placement memoranda
- Distribution deals
- Tax subsidy/incentive deals
As a client of the firm, you benefit from our industry contacts throughout the international community.
Call 212-929-1649 to learn about our starter legal packages to get your indie film project off the ground.